One of my favorite pieces in my closet is an oversized denim button down that I found at a thrift store in the men's section 5 years ago. I wear it every year, every season, and it never fails to be my go to piece when I don’t know what to wear. Let me share with you some of my favorite button down looks and styling tips.
ERRANDS TO RUN
- Biker shorts/leggings
- Closed button down with a half-tucked (I love a good half-tuck!)
- Favorite pair of sneakers
Add some edge by putting on a graphic T-shirt and using the button down as a cardigan. If it starts getting a little hot throughout the day just tie it around your waist for a chic 90's vibe.
GETTING A DRINK... OR ICE CREAM
- Oversized button down closed from the waist down, make sure it's long enough to act as a dress
- Add a slim belt to accentuate the waist
- Bold earrings with minimalist rings
- A pair of squared-toe heels or pointed pumps for a classic look
If you want to tone down the look take out the belt, close the shirt from the bust down, add a pair of flat sandals, and throw your hair in a high ponytail. Tada!
- Classic black bandeau
- Oversized button down with an exaggerated front knot, leave the top unbuttoned to reveal the bandeau
- Midi length printed skirt
- Block sandals
- Bold color bag for a fun spring/summer look
- Button down shirt with rolled up sleeves
- Neutral colored high waisted wide-leg trousers (any high waisted pants will be perfect)
- Low top converse (they will forever be a classic!)
- Sleek top bun for an effortless look
Don't forget to grab your tote bag for all the market goodies!
Now go grab that button down from your closet or grab one from your partners and give these looks a try! Feel free to ask me any questions or share any additional styling tips.
Don't have an oversized button down or need a new one? Take a look at some of ours: